Thursday 24 July 2014

The missing moments




I miss the moments that I shared with the mango trees,
Plucking her hard work after shooing the bees!
I miss the moments that I shared with the August rain,
When a ‘cutting chai’ with friends would make me forget my pain!

I miss the moments that I spent arguing with my parents and teachers,
The moments have become my memory’s permanent features!
I miss the giggles that I shared with my classmates while in school,
When merely looking at each other, would make us laugh like fools!

I miss the moments that I spent on trains, travelling home,
With friends that made the hours feel light as a foam!
I miss the crowded trains as much as I miss the lazy weekends,
That I spent doting on my noisy kids and their screaming friends!

I miss the moments that drove me crazy as work would pile on work all day,
As my children have grown up and my friends are far away!
But these are the moments that I did not miss when they did happen!
I recall with pleasure, these moments as I leisurely sit in my den!

0 comments:

Contributors