Thursday 3 July 2014

Enabling the disabled...


  My father-in-law has been handicapped for over 15 years now. He used to walk around with a walking stick. Of late he has been finding it difficult to work his way around as his stick slipped from his hands often.

Yesterday one of my neighbors, who had tended to her aged parents-in-law, told me to borrow the walker that they had used. The walker entered the house today, much to the amusement of my father-in-law.


There was an instant smile on his old lips. His joy was akin to that of a 10 year old boy with a new remote controlled toy! This was going to be his new gadget and he wanted to experiment with it at once.





  I cancelled my badminton program to get him acclimatised to the new toy. As he started using the walker he became more confident of walking and turning. I wanted to capture the moment. It was only the last week that we had to admit him in the hospital and he was in pain. This moment of joy came as a summer shower and brought a much needed relief to the household!




0 comments:

Contributors