Saturday 16 May 2020

The Surreal Sentiment called Motherhood


“Mother,” beckoned the little voice from within her womb
The baby had, but a few more months before it would bloom
“Yes, my child,” she said as she heard her baby’s voice
“Tell me more ‘bout the world, is there too much noise?”

The mother smiled, but assured the child that she would be there
To grow and groom the baby, holding her with love and care
‘Who else would be there along with you, I am curious to know’
She told her baby that motherhood was a boat that many helped to row!

The father put his ears on the mother’s womb so he may hear his child
“I am your father, I shall care for you like no other,” his voice ever so mild!
The baby wondered, “Hmm, so you are also another mother, am I right?”
 “You are right, my love,” said the father, happy and delighted!

The grandparents, were the next to wish the child happiness and glory
And assured it that they would be ready with many a bedtime story!
The child kicked the mother in glee, wanting to see the mothers so many
“There is a little bit of mother in all of them, isn’t it funny!”

“Mother, I cannot see you, but I can feel your presence,
I float in the chamber called womb filled with liquid so dense
I do not know who you are, and yet I feel happy and well
Isn’t it a wonder that I don’t know you, because within you I dwell!”

The mother slowly began to explain to her curious child
“The bond with the creator is indeed strange,” she surmised
And as with motherhood, every life form that exhibits divinity
Brings upon the earth, peace and tranquillity!


0 comments:

Contributors